View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
People who pay for Amazon Prime, are they readers? Or are they people who like the convenience of shopping in one place for everything? I guess Amazon knows the answer to this question, but we don't.

I think a discount for Prime members on the whole Kindle lineup makes more sense.

eP
While I participate in the wishful thinking of the "free with Prime" train... I do agree that a plain discount would make more sense.

But, I also would lean towards the idea that by giving someone a Kindle or Fire (who wouldn't have purchased one anyways), there's a solid chance they'll hit the ground running with it and Amazon would make some money on it in addition to the Prime membership.

Prior to my getting a Kindle, I had no intentions on getting one. But, when I got mine (it was essentially free), I have spent a crap-ton of money on Kindle books and such. I've heard similar stories with the Fire and other eReaders alike, and I know that the plural of anectode isn't "data." But, I don't think it would be completely unwise for Amazon to give out a Kindle/Fire with Prime.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote