View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Made my own Kindle case ....

After purchasing about $100 of neoprene, I have yet to try to fabricate my own neoprene case.

HOWEVER ... today I was at Walmart, and I found a case that was (for me) just perfect for my Kindle ... with about 5 seconds of modifications.

It's a day planner case. Actually, it came with a whole set of stuff for 2009 that I may toss or use ... I haven't decided yet.

It's called the Franklin Day One. It is made of very soft black leather, has a really nice feel. And, it zips all the way around, which is something I really wanted. Note, however, that it will not flip all the way back ... so if you are into reading like that, this case would not be for you.

I like to jot notes while I read, and I'm right handed, so I left the note pages where they were in the original case, removed the binder part (which came out very easily) and then put two pieces of sticky back velcro on the back of the case (under the amazonkindle logo ... and one at the bottom left of the back). It holds the Kindle in perfectly while still making it easy to get to the switches. Oh, and I took a bit of the soft sticky velcro and covered up the holes where the binder had been attached. The pen fits perfectly on the side of the case (where it won't scratch the screen or accidentally hit any buttons when the case is closed).

Anyway ... if you are a leftie ... you could put the note pad on the other side.

Really ... the whole thing took barely a minute to do, and the five second statement I made at the beginning of the post may be closer to the truth. The case is about $23.00 .... if Franklin Covey has them without all the calendar stuff, then you might be able to get one for less.

Just a head's up in case anyone else was looking for this kind of case. I'm posting photos ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0006x.JPG
Views:	1115
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	14575   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0007x.JPG
Views:	1414
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	14576   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0008x.JPG
Views:	1044
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	14577  

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 07-21-2008 at 09:19 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote