View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us

Katfka. "Let's just consider that TBR pile a whole bunch of axes behind glass, waiting to be broken in case of a soul emergency." Biblioracle John Warner.

This appeared in the print edition of the Chicago Tribune's Printers Row this morning.

I hoarde two things - books and yarn. I no longer collect pbooks, but our basement is full of them. I categorize and store my yarn as if it were a library (it is in bookcases). I tell myself the yarn hoarde is in case I get an inspiration at 2 am (it has happened). Warner says "the TBR pile also brings comfort as it waits to fulfill what I might need at some indefinite future point. The thought of not having these contingencies covered is scarier than anything else."

I guess that is what all hoarders believe, no matter what they hoarde. (BTW, I define a hoarde as a supply of something beyond what you will ever use). Under this definition, I definately have both a pbook and an ebook hoarde. Of course, a book hoarde, so long as the books are not treated like trash, has almost a religious quality to it. All of the doom and gloom about people not reading (and the crazy crafter) doesn't help.

Do you hoarde anything except books? Does your other hoarde resemble your book hoarde in any way? Do you really NOT feel bad about your book hoarde (this is separate from buying things you cannot afford)?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote