View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Try Dragon Naturally Speaking? You'd still have to dictate, but you'd be able to see and fix what the "transcription service" was doing to them. My kids are using it, and it's working pretty well for them....

Other than that, all I can suggest is seeing if you can find a Newton Messagepad 2000. The handwriting recognition on those worked surprisingly well, despite all the jokes about earlier versions. And the batteries would last weeks. Less distracting than using a tablet PC, I would think, but perhaps not in your situation.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote