Okay now this is weird.
I took the original file and moved all CSS to a linked style sheet (so that when I break it into chapters I don't end up with the style sheet in every section).
Now the ePub no longer crashes my Reader software.
(when moving the style sheet, the only change I made was to remove that endless list of font definitions that Word adds - I have a lot of fonts)
I have lost the page breaks, though, for some reason. Seems that as soon as I track down one issue a new one pops up!
Oh, and now the fonts are all freakishly large in my reader, even though the style sheet says 12pt. Frankly, I'm tired of Sigil now.
Things were working just fine when I just converted in caliber.
Last edited by Quiss; 08-12-2012 at 04:30 PM.