View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Kobo (touch?) page numbers per chapter

I'm wondering whether reading a book and not knowing how many pages it has in total annoys more people. This kobo thing where they show you're on page 27 of 32 of chapter 4 is completely incomprehensible to me! In this example, I know I'm almost done with chapter 4, but I have no way of knowing how many other chapters I have left before the book ends (because you know, I don't know the TOC of each book by heart). I much prefer it say page 146 of 387, so I know what's up ahead.

Can anyone explain why kobo decided to show page numbers per chapter?
Does anyone enjoy seeing pages per chapter (and if so, why)?

For any book I buy from Kobo, I have to download the epub version to get rid of the weird pages-per-chapters concept... which is a shame, because that means I can't sync the book (and my bookmarks) between my devices
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote