Sat 11 Aug 2012, 7:10 am
Thanks for yours. Yeah, of course, I downloaded the latest driver from the Plustek site.
However, I found a fix on the internet shortly after I posted here. Maybe it will help some others. I have no idea why it should work, or why it works this way, or why installing directly form the CD doesn't work. But this does work.
1. Plug scanner into USB. Turn on scanner
2. Put installation CD in drive
3. Go to Device Manager > Imaging devices
See the falied USB device with an exclamation (!) point.
4. Right click on the device, select "Update Driver Software"
5. Navigate to the the installation CD, click OK.
Now the installation runs perfectly, where as starting at the CD, you get "cannot find scanner."