Originally Posted by esmerelda3
OP here. I just read the next post ("Two birds, one stone) where someone else had the same looping issue. Unfortunately, doing what they suggested did not work. I have uninstalled the old version at least 5 times, and gone directly to the website, and now just tried downloading directly from the kobosetup.com site. Still get the EXACT same looping result. I am not joking when I say I have been trying to get this installed for over three hours!
One question: where did you purchase your device?
Try this for the desktop app:
1. Download an app called 'Appcleaner' for mac here: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25276/appcleaner
and install it.
2. Start the appcleaner app.
3. open your Applications folder, and drag the kobo icon to the appcleaner window.
4. Appcleaner will prompt you to delete all associated files, go ahead and do this.
5. Go to http://www.kobobooks.com/desktop
and download a fresh version of the application and install it.
This should fix your problem.