View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
sse11791
sse11791 began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Iconia 500 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
When you copIed the saved Calibre library back to the hard disk did you then remember to remove the Read Only attribute (property) from all files and folders in the restored Calibre library? Writing files to DVD normally sets this attribute, and having that attribute set interferes with normal Calibre operation.

It is also worth checking that the root of the restored library folder contains the Calibre metadata.db file (it should if it is a full copy of the Calibre library).
Thank you. I am realizing that I made those errors you pointed out. Everything was "Read Only" and I failed to copy the extra files, I only copied my eBooks.

I took this as an opportunity to re-add each book from the dvd one directory at a time rather than copy the entire disk to d:Calibre. I did have my metadata. I kept my book covers, but it was a tad tedious. My new dvd has EVERY file in the d:Calibre directory.

This was a good opportunity to fix things like variations in authors names, misspellings, etc.

Thank you for your help. I am sure that my next restore of Calibre should go more smoothly.
sse11791 is offline   Reply With Quote