View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #161
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper Kingsley View Post
In LSB you click on the typewriter function and it opens another window. You can type, but not arrow back through what you wrote. It forces you to keep moving forward with your writing. When you're all done, you hit Exit and what you wrote is added to your document.

I realize that Word and LibreOffice etc have the overtype (whatever it's called) function that means you type over your original stuff, but there's no way to keep from cheating. And believe me, if the option was there, I would end up going back to fix my mistakes when I see them and pretty soon I would lose my place and it would be five hours later with no writing done.

I am very easily distracted by shiny things and I don't want to have to use six different programs when I'm used to just two -- Scrivener and LibreOffice.
I am also easily distracted by things, though they don't necessarily have to be shiny, they just have to be female. (My life is full of females - one wife and five daughters.)

I would not like to use a writing process that would not allow for immediate changes. Often, as you are writing you will see immediately a better way to phrase something, a more appropriate word to use, a different approach to a situation. Being able to make changes is not simply to enable you to correct typos. For me, the system that you describe would be incredibly limiting and counterproductive. It would stifle creativity, inhibit story development.

Last edited by DarkScribe; 07-21-2012 at 12:56 AM.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote