View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #160
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Are you aware that even Word can be changed to emulate the "typewriter" screen? You can change the page background and font colour to whatever you wish and make the page full screen - i.e., eliminate all menus etc.
In LSB you click on the typewriter function and it opens another window. You can type, but not arrow back through what you wrote. It forces you to keep moving forward with your writing. When you're all done, you hit Exit and what you wrote is added to your document.

I realize that Word and LibreOffice etc have the overtype (whatever it's called) function that means you type over your original stuff, but there's no way to keep from cheating. And believe me, if the option was there, I would end up going back to fix my mistakes when I see them and pretty soon I would lose my place and it would be five hours later with no writing done.

I am very easily distracted by shiny things and I don't want to have to use six different programs when I'm used to just two -- Scrivener and LibreOffice.
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote