View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #151
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

I've spent the past week or so wondering if this posting was the right thing to do. In the end, I thought the members here deserved to know what happened.

After talking up MyNovel4 and also buying a licence, I finally lost patience with its creators. Repeated crashes caused a lot of frustration - on one machine on a fresh install of Win7, it crashed each time I tried to launch it. The lack of communication added immensely to my frustration.

Missing features, and fragmented help files didn't aid the cause either. A link within the program to permit downloading of dictionaries failed repeatedly and causes crashes too.

Finally, I wrote to both the creator and the selling agent requesting a refund, though "request" is probably too gentle a term. This came through more promptly than I expected, and I am looking at other products, and having a lot of fun with Liquid Story Binder.

I didn't act rashly, trying for weeks to get a response from the creators, but then my patience was exhausted after 20 minutes of the program crashing each time I tried to get it up and running. Goodness knows why, because it launched fine the times afterwards when I was exporting my work from it.

The sad thing is, I still believe it could be an excellent piece of software, because it ticks many boxes, but as long as the creators have such a shoddy attitude towards their purchasers, I can't see it finding success. In the end I did get a response from the creators: "you are refunded". Three words that punctuated what turned into a very bad experience indeed.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote