View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Very nice. I wish you had timed it, though. I'd like to see the actual time for a full page of text in Japanese and in English, both done by competent typists. Unfortunately, I'm not competent in either...
Stitchawl
Beyond comparison of character/keycounts the "intelligence" of the input system that converts / suggests the correct kanji compounds (as well as entire phrases) based on phonetics, context, frequency and user preference, as well as it's UI would be a vital factor determining the speed of input.

With regard to Japanese on Kobo Touch, it would be the quality of the input system that would have the biggest impact on whether the virtual keyboard is usable. That said however, I practically never use the keyboard on my KT and I suspect it may not be the make/break factor for its success in the Japanese market.

Last edited by kumaryu; 07-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote