View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #9
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
I've been comparing the tech specs for KT from Rakuten and that available on Kobo site. The only h/w diffeence that I can see is the use of iMX507 on the Rakuten model as opposed to iMX508. As far as I can tell, the only difference between 507 and 508 is that the former lacks 2D acceleration.

Doe this mean that the firmware for the JP model may (theoretically) be installed on standard KTs bought elsewhere? Will the firmware be available for non-Rakuten models?
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote