Originally Posted by pilotbob
Here's my Letterman style top 5 reasons:
5. They don't know that you can download PD books for free.
4. The don't know that public domain means 100 years old.
3. They felt $.99 is a good value for the books.
2. They want people under 30 to real Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Stevenson, Szu, etc.
1. The person that wrote the article works for AppEngines, LLC and wants to sell public domain books to make some money.
[BTW: This isn't Apple.... yes Apple takes 30% of any app store sale]
How many public domain eBooks are formatted specifically for the iPhone? That is a value add in my mind. Reading PG text is not fun on any small device.