View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #20
digory
Enthusiast
digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch
I had a look at the keystore using keytool. It does contain the kindlet key, as well as the three keys I added for myself. (Merged them in again using keytool.) However, I still can't get my HelloWorld running. "The item you attempted to open is incompatible..." Any clues??!?
I'm not yet completely sure how the whole thing works. What is the kindlet key used for? And why do I have to add three keys for me (dn$USER, di$USER, dk$USER)?
Thanks for any replies

EDIT: The same problem arises with downloaded kindlets such as 'Endless Book of Sudoku'. I see the keys in the keystore, but the kindlet won't open.

EDIT: Problem solved. The reason is that the manifest file mentioned in the How To Write Kindlets thread was missing some lines. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2386&page=5#64

Last edited by digory; 07-06-2012 at 04:40 AM.
digory is offline   Reply With Quote