Originally Posted by jakobim
After jailbreaking my Kindle Touch I installed Komik, as the navtive Kindle support for comics / manga is not satisfying.
Sadly I was disappointed with Komik as it is also lacking in quite some features, though it has much potential.
Here are the things that I find most disturbing / annoying:
• I usually have multiple mangas with each some 100+ chapters. Although structured in (sub-)folders, why are all the single chapters displayed on the same level? Why not rather have a file browser of some sort with subfolders?
• If I have finished chapter 99 and want to continue with 100, I every time have to scroll down aaaall the way to the bottom. It would be better if you just could go back to where you selected the previous chapter aka file to read.
• Why is there no way to hide the status bar at the top and have full screen reading?
• I wish we could just read manga without having to prepare them every time in advance. This applies to renaming with Komik. If there is a script to rename all the randomly named files, why can’t Komik process them in the first place?
• Why does the welcome window show up on every start rather than just on the first time?
Sorry for all the nagging! I hope you do not take this as critisism rather than as a “wish list” of what Komik should be. I believe that it really can become the best way to read manga on the Kindle, giving it a little more polishing.
It seems isn't possible to hide status bar in a WAF.
Or, at least, no one has yet discovered how to do it.
Welcome popup is a walkaround to a problem related to 5.1.0 firmware (crash when opening an alert while not in index.html page).
Until now, it's the only walkaround I found. AFAIK, Komic is one of the few WAFs using more than one html page (if not the only), so no one else had this problem.
Rename script, as well as other scripts, could be run when running Komic, but I really don't want to wait them to finish processing every time I run Komic.
Furthermore, renaming needs to be done only once (when you add a new folder).
I could make the dropdown menu to show last choosed folder, I'll look in it asap.
As regards other questions, as I stated many times here
, I can't read/write files directly.
This means that Komic knows only what the starting script writes in a js file everytime you run it.
If I could read files it would have been a lot easier (and this is why I'm planning to move to java).
I know Komic has those problems: I built it for me so those problems bother me too.
Anyway I don't know how to solve them. If you're willing to help, the source code is open and any help is welcome!!