View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
I think that Stross and the anti DRM crowd have a rosy tinged view of the future, whereby if you eliminate DRM, somehow a healthy, competive and diverse marketplace will naturally bloom and the small retailers will somehow be able to compete against Amazon and the big retailers absent DRM lock-in. Bollocks, in my view, but there it is.
Is that really the criteria for success as far as going DRM free on TOR's part though? I would think just showing that DRM free doesn't hurt their sales coupled with jettisoning whatever fees they have to pay for licensing a DRM scheme would be enough to consider it a success.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote