Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #120
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I made the patched u-boots used with MfgTool in the select boot thread, so when I get time I could look into it. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Your link is to an MX6 specific u-boot patch that does not apply here. I am looking other places in the source tree now...
What you see (saw) on that page linked to is all I know about Kindle u-boot.
Which is why I asked on the forum for someone else to check it out.

Two lines of context might be enough for "patch" but my mind needs a bit more context than that.

Initializing an internal voltage regulator to the wrong value when starting the SoC is a serious engineering error. Glad it was for somebody else's product who's bits where getting cooked or being served up half-raw as in this case.

I didn't see any other things marked as "engineering changes" in the last 9 months or so that might cause the sort of SoC instability that seems to be evident. I could have easily missed one though.

Until other info becomes available to the contrary, I have to agree;
The SoC is probably running as intended, the problem is how it is being used (by the firmware) after the SoC gets started up.

Last edited by knc1; 05-26-2012 at 03:39 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote