Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #108
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zema View Post
Looking into source code I understood what my fault was. I copied opt/jbpatch directly into device (/opt/jbpatch) instead of copying opt/jbpatch to USB drive. Although I have not found the code that moves /mnt/us/opt/jbpatch to /var/local, I suppose installer should make it somehow, shouldn't it?
No. The system permanently checks for new or changed files in /mnt/us/opt/jbpatch and synchronizes them to /var/local. This is not really nice, I know, but it's the only solution I found to the problem that /mnt/us is not accessible when the Kindle is booted while plugged to a computer.

That is also the reason why the README says "if it's not working as expected right after installation, reboot again" (or so).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote