View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Git has no guarantees because it's actively been worked on. The typical process is work on something, get it to build and do minimal testing on OS X. At a later date check if it builds on another platform. Do minimal testing. Repeat. Before a release do more extensive testing across all platform. Something that works with the compiler on OS X might not work with another compiler. Some bugs (like one I'm trying to figure out right now) only happens on Linux but doesn't appear on OS X or Windows. Keeping git perfectly usable and stable across multiple platforms just isn't going to happen.
Yup, i understand that well enough. Just wanted to know if you were aware of that one bug, to avoid some trouble later.
Or if it was just some weirdo occurrence on my computer.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote