View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #37
morantis
Zealot
morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morantis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
An interesting observation.

If not now correct, it probably soon will be.
This country (USA) and maybe the rest of the world seems to be headed in that direction.

The accumulation of tangible goods has to be "serviced" (an intangible) and when even gas stations charge you $0.25 to "air up" a tire...
This is true, another thing I noticed is the smartphone thing. I have an android for myself and for the office and I can walk in a store and pay the bill, read my email, even send a document to the fax behind the counter. I am wondering just how long it will be before that phone is replacing my ID. I can easily imagine carrying nothing but the phone, which is a fully viable computer these days. Someone asked "What if someone steals your phone?" and I replied it is the same as someone stealing your wallet, only I can make a quick call and shut my phone down.
morantis is offline   Reply With Quote