View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #60
danifunker
Connoisseur
danifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexe View Post
Hi danifunker,
I tried to root my Kobo Vox and it doesn't work... Here's what I think... I could do the steps 1 to 8 without any problem but when I try to root it, it starts and then says: Waiting for device... and all... I did check USB debugging and all... The only trouble is with the two following steps:
3) Make a new folder in your user profile ( %USERPROFILE% ) and call it .android
4) Copy the file adb_usb.ini to the new .android folder
Actually, I think I didn't do it the good way... In fact, I honestly don't understand how to do it... I tried some things and read the previous posts but I still can't do it... I think maybe here's the reason why the rooting doesn't work... I already spent too much time on that (a couple of hours!!!) so I'm really asking for your help... Could you please explain me how to do the steps 3 and 4??
Thank you so much, I read that it worked for a lot of people so I hope it will work for me!
P.S: I'm using Windows 7 64 bits.
Hi there,
I'm assuming that you can't create the .android folder in your Windows profile, so run s command prompt start - run - cmd
Then do the following commands:
1) cd %USERPROFILE%
2) md .android

Once the folder is created, try following step 4 again. Good luck!
danifunker is offline   Reply With Quote