View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The way it works, though, is that it's still a normal black-and-white eInk display, with a colour filter array (CFA) placed on top of it. The CFA divides each pixel into four coloured sub pixels (red, green, blue and white), resulting in a halving of the linear resolution of the display.

Feedback on the Triton display has been poor. Probably best to wait for "proper" colour eInk, rather than the CFA approach.
Yes, I agree - I just pointed out that it's real and exists (and it is a mass-production eInk reader, not just a working prototype).

The high price (although it's a large screen, which isn't insignificant) and the critical feedback are keeping me from being really interested in this specific model, but it's probably a good indicator of what's currently possible (and may perhaps be improved in the relatively near future).
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote