View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #13044
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Just Finished:

- The Rook by Daniel O'Malley - I can't say enough good things about this book. It grabbed my attention from the first page and didn't let go until I'd finished all 441 pages. It's a slightly more adult version of Harry Potter, X-Men, and Ghostbusters, with some Bourne Identity and Memento thrown in for good measure. The main character, Myfanwy (rhymes with Tiffany) Thomas, finds herself in a London park surrounded by dead bodies wearing latex gloves, covered in bruises and cuts with two black eyes, holding a letter that reads, "Dear You: the body you are wearing used to be mine." She remembers nothing but very soon discovers both that someone is trying to kill her and that she possesses supernatural powers.

Eventually she discovers she is a high-ranking official in a British supernatural government agency, and one of her coworkers ordered the attack on her. She's got to figure out who it was, while discovering her powers and her job simultaneously without letting on that she has no idea who she is.

The book is fantastic and I hope there are more to come. I also want a movie version of this book right now.

Currently Reading:

- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (second time) (42%)

- Moby-Dick, or The Whale by Herman Melville (24%)

- Skeleton Crew by Stephen King (35%) [on hold]
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote