Originally Posted by brewt
In the attached Zip file is a (very) quick and dirty example.
I raided the .txt versions of the files from Project Gutenberg for James Joyce:
I then ran them through GutenMark, which produced 2 versions of the files: a single-file, and a chapter-separated set of htmls. I did a minimal cleanup on the single html's - changed quotes to curly quotes, and added a Word-generated TOC.
Next, I built the SiteMap using SiteMap Creator. I cleaned up the sitemap a bit (for some reason, the links only really work after I've run them through Word - maybe I'm not doing something right), and assembled it all in Mobipocket Creator. (Raided and added a couple graphics from Wikipedia).
Packed it all into the attached zip - resultant gutenmarked/slightly touched htmls, sitemap, graphics, opf, prc, etc.
In truth, I'd want to spend more time cleaning up the files, but hey, I was in a hurry.
Here's hoping the toes I've tread on aren't vengeful........
Thanks. I've just not gotten the hang of creating an external ToC file for Mobigen/Mobipocket Creator. This will help to study your "quick and dirty" example.