View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #739
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
I'm deeply conflicted about these 75% off codes. I'm always happy to use a 10-45% code, as Kobo will usually at least break even on those (based on my understanding of typical non-agency/wholesale mark-ups on e-books).

But this 75% off code will lose them money, and nothing but. To then extend that with multiple country codes, making it multi-use, seems abusive to me.

It seems to me that Kobo would offer such a code as the loss they take on it is a customer acquisition cost for customer, like the poster of the code, who had yet to use their Kobo. To use this 75% off code they have to register their credit card and/or Paypal, reducing the path of resistance to future purchases. But those of us already enjoying their services is it not tantamount to theft to use this code that wasn't meant for us, that Kobo will lose money upon us using?
I can see where you're coming from on this. I have used the 75% code and although I tested if the "us" version would work I didn't use it. My logic on that is I'm in Canada not the US so why use a US code (stupid logic but logic nonetheless). Kobo has all my info that if they needed to they could charge my account for the difference or they could even take back the book and I would accept such a judgement as fair on their part and they would not lose my business. Just my thoughts on the matter.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote