View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #26
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
From what I see so far and from my own experience I would say it's the e-pub formatting not the Sony software, Have had similar experiences with odd books... SIGIL reported problems with the e-pubs and running the file through calibre again cured whatever it was troubling it... It seems to happen more often with books converted from pdf with a lot of images/diagrams... sometimes just closing and reopening the book clears it also cleaning the screen/soft reset has worked a hard reset seems a bit drastic......

While I agree that the epub probably has problems, I have had many instances of a books working again after reopening so I suspect software as well.

I have had at least 10 books that would not work at all (ie. advance pages, go to page etc.) on the T1 but work just fine on the PRS-300 and PRS-350. (and the calibre viewer, kindle reader after conversion to mobi etc.)

I did fix one just to see if it could be done but usually I just switch to another ereader for that book.

I don't understand why these problems are inherent on the T1 when the other Sony readers work fine for the most part. Not exactly leading age tech to put words on a screen.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote