View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Hi Mary,
Below is the relevant post from this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168064

Just as an update, here is an easy way to do this, instead of messing about with other programs or cmd.

Create a new folder called test in C:\
open your list in excel - see image
Alt+F11 to open up the VBA editor.
Select insert Module - In the box add this code
Code:
Sub Test()
For N = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
    Open "C:\temp\" & Cells(N, 1) & ".txt" For Output As #1
    Close #1
Next N
End Sub
switch back to sheet, Alt+F11 (or close editor)
Click on view then macros, and run it

Go to that test folder you created, and you will see its full of txt files (all named from each cell ready for you to add to calibre

Don't ask me about the code, as I just edited some I found, (as you do) and don't fully understand it.

one tip, just use alphanumeric . and - are ok, but dont have a ":" in the text

Oh - while I'm here:
This is probably relevent to anyone coming here from a search
Create File list from folder structure ie Text list of Folders
Quote:
1. run cmd
2. cd to the folder you want the list of (Type CD then space then the folder, for example "CD C:\Storage\BFG\Allthefiles\
3. paste this no quotes "dir /b /s > c:\filelist.txt" then enter
4. list is in c:\filelist.txt

remove the /s if you don't want subdirectories
(PS - send me the txt list if you want and I'll do it for you, then you will only have to do new purchases as you get them)

Last edited by transmitthis; 04-12-2012 at 07:16 PM.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote