View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I usually go for one-liners in this style instead
Don't we all? How else can we use the command history? Here is one of my recent one-liners (from the "getkernels" thread):
PHP Code:
set $(hexdump -C mmcblk0.img|grep -B2 Linux-|head -n1);bs=1024;skip=$((0x$1/$bs));shift 13;count=$(((0x$1$2$3$4+$bs-1)/$bs));echo "skip=$skip count=$count";dd if=mmcblk0.img of=kernel.img bs=$bs skip=$skip count=$count 
Quote:
In the same vein, ls usually means ls -lash for me ).
I am fond of "ls -lart".
Quote:
And geekmaster probably meant "sudo ./fastboot", not "./sudo fastboot", since you probably want to run the *fastboot* binary in the current directory, not sudo, which should already be part of your system and in your $PATH .
Oops... fixed in above post.
Quote:
I'm running on a couple of hours of sleep, so I'm pretty out of it ^^.
I have been running on a couple of hours of sleep since I was a child (since I read about how Leonardo DaVinci lived on two hours of sleep per day). I takes a lot of focus, will-power, and persistence (and a lot of coding with one eye open because they are pointing in different directions, especially after a continuous three-day coding binge).

sudoforlunch

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-10-2012 at 02:41 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote