View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Well, I confess to being a bit confused now. My experience differs greatly from yours and I am trying to figure out why. I think the confusion on my part is the labeling. Are you actually refering to "documents" (not books) with the PDOC and appearing under the "Documents" tab? Or are you refering to sending books as personal documents?

I have loads of side-loaded books purchased from other places over the years. Epub, mobi, txt, html. ALL of them have been converted with Calibre, MANY have covers exceeding 500ppi -- even over 1000 ppi, and the covers have all converted beautifully. I side-load with cable, via Calibre. They all appear, instantly, with covers, on my bookshelf (and carousel when first loaded).

I am talking about Personal Documents that are sent to the Fire by Amazon's servers. Sideloaded books are not an issue
Pdoc covers in the Doc tab are buggy.

6.3 gave us access to the Personal Documents cloud that the other Kindles have had for awhile now but it's a nightmare.
Pdocs can be sync across devices just like Amazon books.
I have two other Kindles. Yesterday I went through each one and deleted everything not in the pdoc archive. So now all my books (Pdocs) will sync correctly.

The covers will work okay if you send the doc to your Fire via email or upload it using Send to Kindle but if you try to pull the book from the Pdoc archive the covers usually don't work so you have to literally keep all books from the Pdoc Archive on the Fire to keep the covers. If you do lose your Pdoc covers the only way to get them back is clear the Kindle Data and that will only work correctly if Amazon server is responding like it should.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote