View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm still thinking there are two problems that are related:
  1. Update 6.3 is not handling Personal Documents correctly
  2. Covers MUST BE correctly defined in the OPF

Update 6.3 seems to have been rushed. Perhaps Amazon took on too many updates with various Kindle apps at the same time. But obviously they have broken parts of the Personal Documents concept as well as parts of the sideload concept.

Using 3rd party applications like calibre which produce sloppy conversions is only going to make item two worse. Only Amazon can correct item 1, so let us hope 6.3.1 gets here soon.
No it isn't a OPF issue. I am thinking it's a generating/refresh problem with the docs. If the server is hammered they don't generate correctly. Only Clearing the Kindle data when the server is responding will work to fix the cover issue. Why must the server be involved is silly. Yesterday the server wasn't responding fully because my books I bought around noon didn't show up till 3AM on the Fire. You think it could read from the file like sideloaded mobi books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote