View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:17 AM   #110
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
it's certainly not the case that everything pre-2007 was wonderful and working perfectly, then the iPhone came along and ruined it all...

Just sayin'
I worked construction as a student, and smashed a watch while doing so. On the other hand my current watch has lasted over ten years, several batteries and countless straps maybe because, like most of the population, I don't currently work construction. Extreme conditions require ruggedized equipment, but that's what they are extreme conditions, not mainstream.

The iPhone sim card slots in externally, not internally, it has a completely unprotected adapter socket on the bottom and relatively unprotected speakers and buttons. I don't think one of them would last long in construction either. I certainly wouldn't take one to work on a concrete gang. On the other hand I've carried SD slot devices in my pocket for years and never, ever had a problem with them. I've never needed a "cloud" either.

To me it's still FUD and a desire from some quarters to promote expensive, limited "cloud" services.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote