Thread: Deleting books
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I know this is not avdvisable but when deleting books that I obtained free from such sources as baencd.thefifthimpirium.com I depend on the server that I obtained the book from to maintain its library of books in the near future. For example I obtained a Eric Flint CD from the site some time ago and would have no qualms about deleting the files from my PC even though I have not read all of the books as yet, and with the number of books that came on that CD I will not call the CD closed for quite some time. I am relying on the fifthimperium to remain available as long as I need it. My experience has told me that most web servers that I see now will be available for the forseable future and if one goes away, as the Borders server did, I will be notified in advance so that I can get the files that I need from them before they close their doors. And even if they do not have an email distribution list, as the fifithimpirium does not have I will check on the existence of the site every few months to see if the site is still there or if they have any plans to close up shop. Those books that I have paid for typically remain on server that I think I can trust, amazon and baen, thus I have no qualms about deleting ebook from those two sources either. However I do check on them from time to time.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote