View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #148
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
A person on the Amazon forums figured out a way to purchase a UK version of the books if you live in the US:

Quote:

OK. I was able to figure out how to buy the UK version of the HP books when you have a US account. You will need 2 Pottermore Store accounts. You will need your main US one to buy the book and a second UK one to get the books. So you will need 2 e-mail addresses.

1) Set up your main US account. This one will be where you buy the GB version.

2) Change the Book Language to English(GB). Not the site language, the book language.

3) You won't be able to use the buy button. Use the gift link just below the buy button.

4) Send the gift to yourself at a different e-mail address. Use UK as that gift recipients country.

5) You can now check out as normal using your US credit card.

6) Set up a second Pottermore Store account with the other email address, but this time select UK as the country of residence.

7) You will get the gift code in that email account you set when you bought the gift. Use that code to accept the gift in your second Pottermore account.

8) You will now have the UK version of the book. Go ahead and link your Amazon account and send it off to your Kindle. Even though it's a US Amazon account it works just fine. You will get Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...DiscussionsNew
Thank you! This worked WONDERFULLY. One thing though, Nook owners need to register the second account as Canadian in order to push the books to their Nook, or change the country of residence to the US after they redeem the gift. I initially registered the second account as UK, then changed it to Canada to push the files to my B&N account. And now I have lovely, official, British versions of Harry Potter. I am a happy Potterhead today.

Last edited by Nahgem; 03-27-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote