View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #102
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am fine with direct sell but I want it done in conjunction with being able to buy through Amazon. What happens when the Pottermore site dies down and there is little to no real traffic? And lets be real, the fans will go there and go nuts for a while and in a few years the action will die down. Is JKR going to pay to maintain the site 10 years from now? 20 years from now? What happens to the e-books then?

I have more faith that a compnay like Amazon is going to be around in 20 years then I do Pottermore.

I don't want to have to shop in 15 places to buy my e-books. I didn't want to do that when I was buying paperbooks and had to drive to various stores. I don't want to do that with my e-books. I want to go to the store that I choose, in this case Amazon, and buy the books I want to buy.

I don't want to have to go to Jim Butcher's site and Kim Harrison's site and JKR's site and whoever elses book I want to buys site in order to buy my reading material. I don't want to have to worry about them going out of business or something weird happening and they lose my account and books.

Yes, I save everything to my computer just to be safe, but I buy from one or two stores because I like the back ups that they have. I shouldn't have to travel to different places because of an author or a Publisher.

She could have published these years ago, without DRM, at the major bookstores. They probably would have even included the watermark option. She didn't ask them to do so because she didn't want to sell them that way. She is making her readers work harder then they have to after delaying the release of the books for ages for some pretty silly reasons.

Thank goodness they are here, finally. But I am not going to applaud what I see as controlling behavior that could be bad in the long run for people who simply want to walk into one store abd buy their books.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote