Originally Posted by Toxaris
Hitch, you are so right... BTW my macro where mmat1 refers to is not the same as BookCreator. It is something I have created for myself and thought others might find it useful...
I haven't used your macro, @Toxaris; I'm sure it's quite useful. (I'll go forth and look it up, though--I am always happy to have new tools in my toolkit.) We have some similar (I'd guess) macros/clips that we have in NoteTabPro. I only mentioned BookCreator because it's something I've used myself, that a relatively inexperienced user can run without too much trouble and get a reasonably decent html file. Unlike you, I'm not nice enough to give our in-house macros away. ;-)
@mmat1: Yes, sorry--I didn't mean to overreact, I just suddenly had this horrid vision of tons of newbs coming here and exporting html from XPro, and I foresaw a future of posts here in the Sigil forum saying something like
..."...and then I exported my html from a PDF with Acrobat Pro (free trial, of course!), and then I ran it through Calibre, and now my TOC won't work, and all the fonts that were embedded are gone, and I don't know how to indent the first line of a paragraph..." and my brain imploded. (Of course--it could still be the fractured-foot painkillers at work, too.
I realize that was drama-queening. Obviously, simply exporting html from Acrobat Pro won't cause the REST of that exemplar post...but if my wee fit saved ONE poor schmuck from trying to export html from Pro and make an ePUb with it, I've not lived in vain. (Okay--that WAS the fractured foot painkillers speaking--sorry, long week last week, long day today, and some loon on the KDP just makes it very hard to keep posting there to try to help poor DIY'ers--makes me cranky).