Originally Posted by js1d3
Thanks man for the help, i didn't mention that my computer not recognize as a usb drive too, and still keeps the boy behind the tree.
Which update version did you install?
Normally, only the main partition and main linux kernel are updated, and should be the only things that COULD be damaged. You should still be able to boot to the diagnostics menu using MfgTool, and from there you can export your USB drive so you can put the files mentioned by ixtab onto it. Then reboot.
Do as suggested in the first post:
1) Plug kindle into computer USB port.
2) Hold power button until LED turns off.
3) While still pressing the power button, press the Home button (4 black stripes below screen).
4) Release power button.
5) Release Home button.
--- your kindle touch should now be in USB Downloader mode ---
6) Use MfgTool. Select "diags" from drop down list. Press green Start button.
7) Your kindle should boot to the Diagnostics menu.
8) Select "U) USB device mode."
9) Copy files from USB drive to host PC that you want to keep.
10) Copy ixtab's files to the USB drive.
*** If any of these steps does not work, your battery probably needs charging.
To charge the battery, use MfgTool to boot to fastboot mode, and leave it connected for several hours to recharge the battery. Monitoring the serial port status messages shows that fastboot mode has an excellent battery charging algorithm.
*** After the battery is recharged, repeat the above steps.
EDIT: For ixtab's data.tar.gz to work, you need to delete the ENABLE_DIAGS file from the USB drive if it contains one.