View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #24
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This seems to be the same problem I'm having with the font hack (or at least a very similar one, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...28#post1988528 and the subsequent 5 or so posts). Could you elaborate a bit more on how you built that library, and which files you replaced in the end to make it work?
It's actually quite easy. I didn't replace any files, I just added the library and changed a symlink.

Download the current version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/free...eetype2/2.4.8/

Compile it with the following lines, adjust the host to fit your kindle gcc:
Code:
./configure --prefix /tmp/freetype --host=arm-kindle-linux-gnueabi
make install
Make your kindle root writable and then copy the library over and change the symlink:
Code:
scp /tmp/freetype/lib/libfreetype.so.6.8.0 root@kindle:/usr/lib/
cd /usr/lib; rm libfreetype.so.6; ln -s libfreetype.so.6.8.0 libfreetype.so.6
Afterwards it should look like this:

Code:
[root@kindle lib]# ls -l libfreetype.so*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        21 Nov  3 20:03 libfreetype.so -> libfreetype.so.6.3.20
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        20 Mar  8 19:04 libfreetype.so.6 -> libfreetype.so.6.8.0
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root    716900 Nov  3 20:05 libfreetype.so.6.3.20
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root   2075463 Mar  2 10:07 libfreetype.so.6.8.0
[root@kindle lib]#
I only replaced the symlink for libfreetype.so.6 just to be on the safe side but libfreetype.so.6.3.20 which is freetype 2.3.9 and freetype 2.4.8 should be API compatible, so it shouldn't really be a problem to replace it completely.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote