View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 02:14 AM   #16
Chandrakumar
Chandrakumar began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hi friends,

My blogs are in UTF-8 character set. I have saved them in to files of .pdf, .htm and .txt formats and sent all the three files to Kindle support for conversion into kindle format. To this, I am in receipt of the following reply form Kindle:
Kindle uses display technology similar to that of a Web browser and supports the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 8859-1 character set, which is based on the Latin languages. The only characters from this set not currently supported are: spades, clubs, hearts, up-arrow, down-arrow, alpha, beta, and gamma. If you have digital content that you did not purchase from Amazon.com but would like to view on Kindle, you should be able to view it if the file is free of digital rights management software, uses characters from the ISO 8859-1 character set, and is in one of the supported file formats

Now I am hopeless. Their reply is evident that it will not support any non-latin language which includes UTF-8. My only option is to return it within the specified period.
Chandrakumar is offline   Reply With Quote