View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I have found in my travels in reading that when I read one book by a new author and I like that author's writting I will generally like the other books that author has written. However, there is a few exceptions to even that rule, Mercedes Lackey, I seem to like some of her books and not others. As a consequence I tend to read everything ever written by a particular author. I have been told by a pal that writes the previews for a living that the previews are rarely written by the author and are written to make the book seems exciting, therefore I do nto think that you can tell much by the preview for the book. I typically require a free page so I can determine if I like the authors writing. Not something that tends to be a tall order since Amazon and Google books are happy to show me one page for nothing.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote