Thread: MobileRead March 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Well, Along Came A Spider was one of the crappiest, most disjointed films I have ever seen. Shutter Island was by Scorsese and had Max von Sydow.

Not the best way to pick a book but Shutter Island gets my vote.
No, that's not the best way to pick a book, but it's the way to make me chuckle. I got a kick out of your post.

Of course, if I'd only seen the Disney Movie version, and had never seen the TV series or heard the radio broadcasts, I would never have bothered to read any of Douglas Adam's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books (much less all of them), and would have lived the rest of my life comedically impoverished and ignorant of the what the Real Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything is to which the answer is 42.

And that would have been a tragedy too depressing to contemplate.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote