View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #32
ladyplf
ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm,pocketpc,nextbook 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Apple has a working DRM scheme for most media that has never been cracked. Whats interesting about the Schiller quote is that it dates to 2003. At that time , and for six years after, the iTunes store offered DRMed music.
The Schiller quote cannot be used for argument that that law enforcement or DRM schemes have no place in an anti piracy strategy. Apple , of all companies, certainly does not believe that.
That's interesting about Apple and DRM. I've only ever bought one mp3 from itunes and it was only because I couldn't find that song anywhere else. That was years ago before youtube though. Now I can listen to just about any song I can think of no matter how obscure on youtube and have no need to ever use itunes again. So in my case Apple's DRM discouraged me from ever buying from them.

Apple has crazy customer loyalty which other media producers just don't have and that works in their favor even when they do things that might piss off their fan base people seem to still buy it. There must be some value in buying DRM media that I just don't understand.
ladyplf is offline   Reply With Quote