View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Before cleaning image folder: 1390MB used
After cleaning image folder: 973MB used

Dang! 30% of the space I was using was files other than the 3 N3_LIBRARY files listed earlier. The largest file for each image group was the N3_FULL.. Anyone know what that file was for since it was so large compared to the others in each group? Do you think it may be the base image file that the others are derived from when first processing so it is more like a 'work' file?
Because of a related question in another forum, I did some experimenting today.

When you add a new book to the KT, it generates the covers from the first page of the book.

The N3_FULL image has a size of 600*800 and is displayed when the KT is sleeping. I can't prove it, but it would be reasonable to generate this and then generate the others from it. Looking at the quality of them, I am sure this is what happens.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote