View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I echo Patricia's and Elsi's comments. This place (my house) is overrun with books of every description. Making ebooks has allowed me to reclaim much needed space on the bookshelves (although that quickly refilled with books that were kept in boxes or were in stacks on the floor.) Additionally it has allowed me to read volumes that I had only heard about but never seen.

One person not mentioned is HarryT. HarryT has done some of the most remarkable ebooks in the MobileRead library. A complete Sherlock Holmes Omnibus was his first offering and among the others that he has produced is a complete set of Dickens' books.

Patricia has contributed many classics (and here I show my bias) including a lot of Voltaire that I had heard of only in footnotes but never found a copy I could keep as my own.

I produced the full 49 volume Harvard Classics series partly for the fun of it as Elsi mentioned and also because I wanted a set for my own use. (Indexes to the Dickens and other complete series are in the MobileRead Wiki. A link to the Wiki is available on the top line of this page in the left corner. DaleDe has done an amazing job in organizing and writing material for the Wiki.)

Anyway, sanity is over rated. Welcome aboard.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote