View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
NETLOLA
NETLOLA began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaurung-quena View Post
I have about 500 epubs (and more every week) loaded on Stanza on my Ipad 2. (using the latest version on IOS 5.0.1)

However, when I go into Itunes to attempt to back up my library by using the "file sharing" panel on Itunes to save them to my computer, Itunes can only see about 220 epubs loaded into stanza.

a) Is there something wrong, or is this just more evidence that Itunes is crap?

b) Is there any way to backup ALL the books I have loaded into stanza without using Itunes?

I made a backup of the data on the Ipad using Itunes but there doesn't seem to be a way to extract the data from the backup - I saw a reference to a program put out by the Stanza software developers to extract your books from an Itunes backup, but could not find a live link to it.

Thanks in advance!
I thought I would post a reply because Stanza has been so crippled by Amazon. There is an application that will retrieve all your Stanza ebooks from your Itunes backup of your iPad. Quote:

"Download the app, called “Stanza Book Restore Tool”, from Lexcycle, the developers of Stanza. Point it at your backup folder (on the Mac you’ll find it in Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup), choose a destination and hit “Recover Books”. All the books will be copied to your computer."

This article gives detailed instructions, and the link to the Application:
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...ooks-for-ipad/

Last edited by NETLOLA; 02-09-2012 at 10:40 PM.
NETLOLA is offline   Reply With Quote