View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #39
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I voted "Other". As Asawi above, I think DRM has a place for library books - although considering how easy it is to remove, I wouldn't say it's needed "for protection" but just to enable the whole loaning mechanism. I assume at least that it's the DRM that enables a library loan to expire and the book to be "returned" automatically.

For purchased books, though... for now it's "only" an irritation (and I don't buy from iBookstore) which always I remove at the earliest opportunity, but in principle, I dislike it strongly as something that won't stop piracy but inconveniences honest readers.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote