Originally Posted by richardigp
Hi anyone here. Can we get a link to a few of the problem books. We will look into it immediately. We appreciate SIGIL as a tool and want to be in sync. We have a corpus of "problem" books we test against, but don't know how they were created. Theoretically AZARDI is soft on CSS - IE it wont try and over-ride any styles applied in the ePub CSS. Anyway links to problem samples appreciated.
Thanks for the response! Sorry I didn't notice it sooner.
Anyway... using one of the sample epubs (v2) directly from Infogridpacific's resources page
.... specifically: Dickens' A Chistmas Carol
. I open the file in Sigil (v0.5.0—but the same behavior was exhibited in earlier versions) and immediately check the ePub using Sigil's built in FlightCrew. It gives me one error about a reference item in the guide section that's using the unrecognized "titlepage" for its type attribute. No biggie... I delete that reference item from the OPF and the epub checks out absolutely clean according to FlightCrew. So I save the epub without touching anything else.
The first epub (pre-Sigil) displays as expected with Azardi (8.1). The epub saved with Sigil displays as if there is no css file... Drop caps gone... paragraph styling all gone.
The fact of the matter is: I've yet to create any ePub with Sigil that displays correctly in Azardi (or calibre-built epubs now that I test it).
Anyway.. I'm attaching the pre-sigil and post-sigil epubs to this post in case anything there might be helpful.
I've experienced the same issues with Azardi on Windows or Linux.