View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #163
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etech View Post
Hi
I bought my Kobo Touch from Borders in August. It definitely did not work well, could not side load all my ebooks & etc, it was a big disappointment. But it was usable.
I decided to continue using my old reader(Astek) while waiting for kobo to get their firmware in order.
About a month back when i connected to my desktop, it updated the firmware through the Kobo desktop. Immediately after that, all it ever shows me is that stupid smiley face & those moving bars at the bottom. I have tried the reset button behind, letting battery drain, recharging the battery, but notting works. It won't even connect to the desktop now.
Anybody out there, has any idea, what to do. I'm in Cambodia, so returning it would definitely be difficult.

Thanks
As ‘clsdclsd’ said: Try to perform a factory reset:

1. Start up your Kobo Touch
2. In main menu, touch "Home" and then "Settings"
3. Touch "Device Information"
4. Touch "Factory reset" NOTE! THIS WILL CLEAR THE DEVICE
5. Device asks confirmation and does its magic for few minutes

After the process, you can start the device, and it is just like brand new. It will ask you to connect to computer and run through setup. During the process, device will automatically upgrade to latest firmware again.

I connect my Kobo Touch to the computer then open Calibre, after a minute two new icons pop up on the Calibre toolbar
One icon (Device) shows me which books I have in the eReader and I can delete books I've read, the other icon (Send to device) loads books I select onto the eReader
If the format is not suitable Calibre asks 'Auto convert the following books before uploading to the device ?' then does it all for you in one step !

Is this how you load eBooks onto your eReader ?
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote