View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
thoreau
Enthusiast
thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOA
Rooting and Modding for COMPLETE NOOBS

I can't seem to get any help in other threads, so hopefully I can get some here and use this as a reference for total idiots who don't own an android phone, and want to just change a few fonts, edit a few .xml files, and install a few .adk apps.

The instructions are fairly straightforward to install the root on both Mac and PC so...

Questions I need answered:

1. How do I browse the file system on the device after rooting? Is it possible to do this from a computer? (mac preferably)

2. Are XML files edited on the device or on a computer after rooting? What application do you use?

3. Besides dropping font files into the font directory, what do I need to change so that my new fonts show up on the selection menu?

Please answer as if you were telling your mother how to do this. Don't start throwing acronyms or applications around unless you can link to documentation. Please do not link me to the "fonts thread" or the "new homescreen thread." I've read them. They are long, dense and largely useless to the common end user.

I mean for this to be helpful at some point to others, so any and all help will be taken graciously.

Thank you.
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote